Friday, June 17, 2005

Stuff portrait friday

Okay, first we have the "what was I thinking" photo. This one is kinda boring. This couch once belonged to my great-grandfather. It used to be pink (think early fifties pink). My mother re-upholstered it to the lovely shade of green it is now (think early seventies green). My father hated to part with this precious gem and asked me if I would take it. You know, to keep it in the family. My only defense is that I was eight months pregnant and it was early in the morning when he asked...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The next photo is of the "something I feel obligated to display" category. There are so many items to chose from in my house. Most of them are my deceased mother-in-laws, so I guess those don't really count as my crosses to bear. Here is a picture of the drawing my little sister drew me about four years ago. She told me I had to hang it somewhere everyone would see and I did. It's in my kitchen. I guess I could take it down since she's 13 now and doesn't care if I have it up or not. Oh, and she lives in Idaho, so it's not like she would know if I had it up or not either...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Finally, "something I have that I'm pretty sure no one else has." This poster (in a frame! So high-class!) came from my husband. He found it in an abandoned apartment back when he managed apartments, way before he met me. It's kinda trippy and he's pretty sure the original owners were heavily into the drugs. Staring long enough at it, you can totally see what he means...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 comments:

Melissa said...

The last pic was weird....a couch cover could really work wonders for that couch and keep it in the family.

Linda said...

That pictures is weird.

I agree with Melissa, go with a couch cover...LOL!

Tee/Tracy said...

Whoa. I just sat here and stared at that pic for 10 minutes before being able to hit the comment button... You don't even need the drugs. That poster is cool. LOL.

Like your blog. :)

(Found you in comments on Chai & Apple Pie.)