Thursday, June 23, 2005

Parent of the Year

Well, just got off the phone with Poison Control. Yeah, Lexie swallowed about four 800mg Ibuprofen tablets. Fun times. Don't worry she's going to be A-okay. The worst that can (and probably will) happen is a tummy ache and vomiting plus diarrhea.

I feel like a shit head because not only did she get into the damn bottle, but I'm the one that left the bottle out with the lid not secure. And the topper?

Oh, this is good.........









wait for it.........









I caught the act on camera.

Yeah, I saw that she had crawled into her drawer in the kitchen and thought it was cute, so I grabbed the camera. I so didn't notice that she had the bottle in the drawer with her and was chomping away on a pill. Check this pic out and notice the bottle top in her hand. Aren't I a great parent?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4 comments:

Heather B said...

It is an adorable picture! I'm sorry that happened to you!! Be easy on yourself, okay!

Linda said...

That is a very cute picture.

Don't worry, it happens to the best of us, I am glad Lexie is going to be OK.

My nephew (5 weeks younger than Alyssa) opened up a bottle of vegetable oil and spilled it all over the kitchen floor. My SIL was pissed, but couldn't get mad at him because she was the one that let him play with the bottle. She never thought he could open it.

Dawn said...

oh you are not a bad mother! These things happen. . .I am glad that it won't cause any serious problems. . .did she end up getting sick?
I had to call poison control once because my daughter ate some deoderant.

Dottie said...

Don't feel bad, I think at one time or another all of us have been or will be there. I am glad that Lexie is ok and it really is a cute picture!