Monday, October 25, 2004

Hmmm

Well, I'm stumped.

How can I be so, so sleepy all frickin' day and now...now I couldn't fall asleep if my life depended on it. Insomnia sucks people. Sucks hard.

So, you want to know my secret do you? On how to catch up and advance on your bill paying? Well, secret one is minimize. Get rid of everything you enjoy. Cable, long distance, internet....Oh wait, we didn't get rid of that. We are barbaric. Secret two is macaroni and cheese. Toss in some Top Ramen, a lot of chicken and rice and you've got yourself about $200 a month saved on groceries. The third secret is lack of self-love. Well, kind of. I haven't bought myself new clothes since I was 8 months pregnant and that was because my husband was sick of me leaving the house in pajamas. I've also had the same makeup for about a million years. No, seriously though, my eyeliner is about 4 years old. I only wear makeup if I'm going somewhere where there might be new people to meet. This rarely happens since we weren't spending money. And, we all know how cheap entertainment by family members is.

At times it sucked. I look into my daughter's closet and weep because she has ten times the amount of clothing I do and none of the items will fit her in a month. Or maybe a week. Have you seen this kid eat? My husband does get new "work" clothes (i.e. jeans, teeshirts), but only when absolutely necessary (read: falling apart, so holey you can see through them). Meanwhile, I'm wearing a shirt someone passed down to me and I'm content. Harrumph.

But, have no fear. We will be back in the red and the big giant stress hole come January. This is, after all, baby's first Christmas and we don't want her thinking Santa is a tool, now do we? So, Toys R Us, here we come. I can see that damn giraffes eyes lighting up with glee at the hole we'll burn in our wallets.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hmmm...I might have to try the mac-n-cheese diet for the duration of the Christmas season.

I lived on Ramen noodles in college. I don't know if I can do it again. My husband loves them though! He likes to cut up chicken into little pieces and mix it with the noodles.

Thanks for sharing your secret tips!