Saturday, March 19, 2005

Terri Schiavo

So, I guess I've been living in a cave for the past ten years, because this is the first time I have heard of Terri Schiavo. I seem to recall hearing something about them wanting to pull "the plug" and thinking, ah just let 'em. Little did I know that "the plug" in question was a feeding tube and not life support.
What kind of man is Michael to do this to his wife, seriously? Just divorce her and get on with your life. It makes me so sick. I saw clips of how she is now. Yes, she is "not all there" but the woman made eye contact with people. She smiles. How could these people let her starve to death? Men condemned to death row die with more dignity and humanity than this.

Let's pray this latest battle in congress favors this woman and her amazing parents.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Don't feel bad, I must have been living in that same cave, because I hadn't heard of him (or the situation) either until today.