Friday, March 04, 2005

Shamelessly stolen

Yes, I'm a thief. I stole the following list from Kris (Hi Kris...don't hate me). But, hey, she stole it from someone else. I just had to post it 1) because every single one is true (for me) and 2) it made me feel old. Were the 80's really that long ago....

You grew up in the 1980s or Early 1990s if............
1. You've ever ended a sentence with the work "PSYCHE"
2. You watched the Pound Puppies.
3. You can do the rap to "The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" and can do the "Carlton"
4. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy.
5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-Sitters Club and tried to start a club of your own.
6. You owned those lil' Strawberry Shortcake scented dolls.
7. You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey on Blossom.
8. Two words: Hammer Pants.
9. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock"
10. If you ever had plastic streamers on your bikes handle bars and you had "spokey-dokes" or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect.
11. You can sing the entire theme song to "Duck Tales" (Woo-ooh!)
12. You remember when it was actually worth getting up early on Saturdays to watch cartoons.
13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
14. You saw the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" on the big screen and you can still remember the turtles names.
15. You got super excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school*.
16. You made your Mom buy you one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
17. You played "MASH" (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)
18. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
19. L.A. Gear...........need I say more?
20. You wanted to change your name to "JEM" in kindergarten (She is truly Outrageous).
21. You remember reading "Tales of the Fourth Grade Nothing" and all the Romona books.
22. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF."
23. You wanted to be a Goonie.....and you still do.
24. You ever wore fluorescent clothing (some of us...head-to-toe).
25. You remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted**.
26. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
27. You took lunch boxes to school and you traded Garbage Pail Kids in the school-yard.
28. You remember the CRAZE and the BANNING of slap bracelets.
29. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.
30. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts***.
31. Barbie and the Rockers was your favorite band.
32. You thought She-Ra (Princess of Power) and He-Man should hook up.
33. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
34. You owned a pair of jelly shoes and probably 24 pairs at that.....even in neon colors.
35. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are but what am I?"
36. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up."
37. You remember going to the skating rink before there was inline skates.
38. You ever got seriously injured on a slip and slide.
39. You have ever played Skip-It.
40. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonald's.
41. You have gone through this nodding your head in agreement.
42. You remember Popples.
43. "Don't worry, be happy."
44. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.
45. You wore socks scrunched down (sometimes you still do......getting yelled at the younger, hip members in your family).
46. "Miss Mary MACK MACK MACK, all dressed nin BLACK BLACK BLACK"
47. You remember boomboxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
48. You remember watching both "Gremlins" movies.
49. You know what it meant to say "Care-Bare Stare"!!!
50. You remember watching "Rainbow Bright" and "My Little Ponies"
51. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
52. You remember Alf, the lil furry alien from Melmac.
53. You remember New Kids On The Block when they were so cool.....and you don't even flinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB."****
54. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell" the original class.
55. You know all the words to "Shot Through The Heart" by BON JOVI
56. You just sang those words to yourself.
57. You remember watching MAGIC vs. BIRD.
58. homemade Levi shorts........the shorter the better.
59. You remember when mullets were cool!
60. You had a mullet!
61. You still sing "We Are The World"
62. You tight-rolled your jeans.
63. You owned a banana clip*****.
64. You remember "Where's the beef?"
65. You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' bout Willis?"
66. You had big hair and you knew how to use it.
67. You're still singing Shot Through The Heart..........aren't you?


*is it sad that I just bought the newest addition of this game for my computer. I am so in love with it!

**when I was six, I was madly in love with him. I think this was during his Thriller stage, nose #2.

***I was always afraid to wear these, thinking they would just show off my underarms. I had horrible visions of the hypercolor only showing up under my arms and no where else.

****I was a HUGE New Kid's fan. My walls were plastered with the pictures. I had so many pictures up that I would only dress in the bathroom, because all of those eyes creeped me out when I was naked.

*****we used to wear them over our eyes and pretend to be Jordy(sp?) from Star Trex: The Next Generation. My mother was (and still is) a HUGE Trekkie. I'm talking conventions and everything.

3 comments:

Linda said...

OMG - That was great. And since we are the same age, I had a part of every single one of those too.

Anonymous said...

Being the big 3-0,and being black from "da hood", that takes me waaaay back. Oh the 80's were soo good!

Brokenornot said...

Like you said, I stole it first. I want the Oregon Trail game for my computer. My husband never played it, and he just doesn't get the appeal of it. Once again, he hasn't played it, so of course he doesn't get the appeal of it. I grew up in Oregon too, so maybe that's another reason I loved it so much.

I hated the Goonie movie though. That's the only part of the list that I went, ugh, for.

And yes, I wanted to have my own Babysitters club. And I owned all the books.