Friday, March 11, 2005

Miscellaneous Poopoo

I've decided to bite the bullet and buy me some shorts that fit. You know, like maternity shorts, for pregnant women. Jeez, I keep forgetting that I am, in fact, pregnant. I keep catching myself complaining to S about how my clothes don't fit or how tired I am. He just looks at me and says, "duh, you're pregnant." And every time I swear you can see the light bulb go on over my head and I'm like, "ohhhh, so that's why ______(fill in blank with obvious stupid answer)."

There ain't nothin' like having a rambunctious almost-one year old to chase around to make you forget everything else going on in your life. Lexie's new favorite activity is to stomp around in circles on the back patio, screaming at the top of her lungs. Great fun! She looks so damn cute though in her little (well, not so little...She wears a size FIVE!) sandals.

I've actually enjoyed living in California for the last few days. Eighty degree weather will do that to you. I just don't understand how last week it was forty-five out and raining cats and dogs. Now, you would think it was June.

So, a blast from my past called earlier this week. Jenn, my best friend from high school has just moved here from our hometown in Washington. What a trip. I haven't seen her in almost 6 years. She'll be coming to the bash known as 'Lexie's first birthday party,' which is actually just an excuse for me to have all of my friends and family come over and eat yummy food. I'm so excited. Now I have another friend near me. That brings the total to about 2....Okay, that sounds even sadder now that I've written out.

Well, I guess I should go enjoy the sunshine while I can still move around without waddling.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Yeah for new shorts that fit!

I can't wait to buy sandals for the summer. Although I will only be purchasing a size 2 or 3 for Alyssa. Her feet are soo tiny.

I am STILL very jealous of your nice weather. My hubby just slipped on ICE outside. Yes, it is still that cold here.