Sunday, March 06, 2005

Here comes the sun (do do do do)

If you've seen any weather reports recently on the "wonderful" state of California, then you know we have had rain, rain, and then some more rain. The last couple of days though, there has been this bright shining object in the sky. It's bright out and warm. I think it's the sun, but I haven't seen it since last summer so I am not too sure.

I am so freakin' relieved that the weather has changed. I was seriously going crazy, staying indoors day after day after day. It sucks not having a car and not being able to walk anywhere. But, these past two days Lexie* and I have gone for more walks than I can count. She digs it, I dig it, everybody is happy. Our walks aren't too exciting, usually just to the corner store or the 7-11 for a slurpee (I crave their Crystal Lite Raspberry Ice majorly). Lex seems to like slurpees so she doesn't complain.

Her first birthday is in 18 days. My baby will be one. The big oh-one. I am feeling so melancholy over it. I find myself dragging out the photo albums and crying over how small she was. My husband just smiles and, I know, is thinking to himself that his wife is looney. Who knew parenting would break your heart?

We're planning a party for the 20th, and I am praying that this weather stays put until then. If not, you can find me in the backyard, shaking my fist and screaming into the heavens. Yup honey, your wife is loco.

*I've decided to use my daughter's name from now on. She is too young to request that I don't and my whole family knows about this website anyway. My dork of a husband still doesn't want his name used though.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I am sooo jealous that you are taking walks outside. I wish that sun would shine over here and melt the remaining snow off of the ground.

It is nice to read Lexie's name. It was hard to know it and not type it.

I am keeping everything crossed for a nice day on the 20th!