Sunday, March 19, 2006

sleep damnit

you know what I want more than anything? A full night's sleep. Is that too much to ask?

Emmie is still waking at night. She's averaging twice nightly and I know she waits until I'm in deep sleep mode. It's like she can tell when I'm finally getting some much needed rest, and for some reason this pisses her off. I am so freaking tired. I don't know what to do.

I've tried everything. Cry-it-out, rocking, pacing the halls...everything. All that works is giving into her wants and letting her have a bottle. Which I know she doesn't need, because I can give her like 3 sips and she's out again.

I recently tried the trick of just giving her water. You know what she did? She threw the bottle at me. What the heck? I didn't even know she had that kind of muscle control. So, that didn't work either.

I'm at the end of my rope. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh you poor momma! I feel your pain, I can't remember when I got a full night's sleep uninterrupted. Carter hasn't slept through the night since he was eight months old. The little shit just won't sleep. If you get any good advice, fill me in. Take Care.

Christina said...

don't tell me that! Here I was hoping that there was a light at the end of this tunnel, and you've just informed me that this light is actually a train.

Linda said...

Sorry that you are still dealing with Emmie waking up at night. I wish I had some good advice. My thought would be to cry-it-out, but if you have already tried that, I don't know what else is left. You will have to let us know what ends up working when you find it.