Thursday, November 24, 2005

thankful

I'm sitting here waiting for S to wake his lazy butt up. Doesn't he realize that today is the national "stuff yourself into a come with food" holiday? I've been up for hours, counting down until we can go over to my mom's. I plan on doing some major turkey grubbing this year.

This is the first Thanksgiving in three years that I get to enjoy. 2002 was a bust, I suffered my second miscarriage and had a D&C the day before. Not fun. 2003 I was pregnant with Lexie and suffering from horrid morning sickness, and it was all I could do not to gag at the sight of the turkey. 2004 was a repeat of that only this time I was knocked up with Emmie. So, this year I am neither a)pregnant, b)breastfeeding or c)on any type of horrible medication that causes severe stomach pain (this was in 2002), so I am totally pigging out and drinking me some liquor. Woohoo liquor (agh, I'm starting to sound like a frat-boy).

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving everyone. May your stomach become extended, in that totally good way!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope you had an awesome time eating turkey and drinking liquor!!

Luckily, I was able to keep down the turkey. It would have been a sad, sad day if I couldn't...LOL!

Unknown said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving! I hope you ate and drank enough to satisfy, but not so much you felt like you were going to rebate (I've made that mistake many a year!)