Monday, September 26, 2005

what was I before this?

the house is quiet and mommy is happy. God, I love it when both girls go down for naps at the same time. It's like Christmas. I run around, barely containing the scream forming on my lips, not knowing what to do first. Should I wash the dishes from breakfast, should I do some laundry, should I make the bed? No, I'm going to veg in front of the computer and then I'm going to eat Oreos without a little person crawling up my leg yelling, "Gimme ookie! Gimme ookie!"

It's funny, just the other night I was reminiscing with S about the days before children (BC). But you know, for the life of me I couldn't remember what I did with all my time BC. I do know I slept more, but really? That's all I did? I can't imagine life without kids and don't want to. Sure, I do miss sleep (oh glorious sleep, when will I see you again?), but I've learned to adapt. I can now change clothes, diapers, make three meals a day and pay the bills all on about 5 hours sleep. And that's 5 interrupted hours of sleep. Damn, I rock.

*okay Lost fans, what do you think is up with the hatch? S is convinced it's part of a cloning experiment and that all the castaways are actually clones of themselves...hmmmm. Post your theory here.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have no idea what I did BC. I do remember bitching that I never had any time to get anything done. Right....now I have to try and clean with someone splashing in the mop bucket all the time, and I somehow manage. Wish I could get all that time I didn't have back now!

Miles' parents said...

I'm not sure what is up with Lost. I need to see more of this season, I guess. I've been reading theories of "twins," which is similar to the clone theory.

Taylor said...

I don't know what is up with Lost either but it is getting pretty good. During the premier show I was on the edge of my seat the entire hour! It will be interesting to find out...

Linda said...

I know, I don't know what I did with all of my time BC. I am postitive that sleeping was a huge part of it.